Sunday 1 October 2017

Successful Campaign Meet and Greet held at Café de L'Avenue

This marks my fourth campaign for the District 2 seat on Côte Saint-Luc City Council. On Sunday, October 1 I held my first ever Meet and Greet at the new Café de L'Avenue. Where Yeh! Yogurt did not succeed in that exact locale, I hope the Café will. It is situated in the heart of my district at Quartier Cavendish and I thank owners Marissa and Noah Sidel for allowing me to hold an event to meet with constituents.
With Anthony Housefather and Mitchell Brownstein.
I really did appreciate the turnout, with representation from virtually all sectors of District 2.  Thanks to Mayor Mitchell Brownstein and Mount Royal Liberal Member of Parliament  Anthony Housefather, as well as Councillor  Steven Erdelyi for  attending and show their personal suppport. Hats off to my father-in-law and campaign manager Reuben Spector for all that he does. After Marissa welcomed everyone, Reuben shared with everyone the fact that when I first told him I wanted to run in the 2005 election he was surprised. However, when I explained that after so many years of  covering City Hall as a journalist and then as a PR consultant for the borough that I wanted to effect change on the political side he stepped up to help make my dream become a reality. 
Reuben Spector introduces me.

I was very pleased to have my family on hand - my wife, daughter, mother-in-law, father-in-law and my mom - on hand. Without them the time I devote to being a city councillor would not be possible.


The comments of support by Mayor Brownstein and MP Housefather were greatly  appreciated.

It was a wonderful opportunity. The election is on Sunday, November 5, with advance polls on Sunday, October 29. We still have a lot of work to do!

You can watch all of the speeches on my campaign Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/MikeCohenDistrict2.  


With Café owner Marissa Sidel.

With Elaine Brownstein and Sharon Freedman.
The crowd gathers.
With Bonnie and Mark Merson,

With Harry and Cheryl Rajchgot

With Arlazar Eliashiv, my newest constituent.

Libman supports Cohen: Gregory Libman that is.

Joe Presser, Howard and Arlene Mayer, Jason Ullman and his daughter, my youngest campaign volunteer.


With Don and Nancy Rubin.

With Stephanie Reiter, senior campaign advisor Steve Stein and Jesse Stein.

With  campaign translator Tobie Saragosti, Fran Gutman and artist Nellie Leitner.

No comments:

Post a Comment